Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Playing Lotto Pick 3 at State 500:1 or Online 900:1 Payouts
 LottoPoster Forums : LOTTO THEORY, CONCEPTS AND METHODS OF PLAY : Playing Lotto Pick 3 at State 500:1 or Online 900:1 Payouts
Message Icon Topic: Percentage Chances of Success and Payouts Post Reply Post New Topic
Colin F
Lotto Systems Tester Creator & Analyst
To dream the impossible dream ...

Online Status: Offline
Quote Colin F Replybullet Topic: Percentage Chances of Success and Payouts
    Posted: July 14 2006 at 5:25am

If you look at the new layout of my Pick 3 Base Numbers you will see that I have grouped the Base Numbers into sets of 10 such that the integers 0 to 9 appear 3 times. To the best of my knowledge no-one has done this before and published it.

A property that is common to all the Pick 3 Base Number Groups is that they have equal representation of the integers 0 to 9. The percentage chance of getting any of the 120 Unmatched or 6-Way numbers is 72% - for the 90 Doubles or 3-Way it is 27% - and for the 10 Triples it is 1%. The 120 Unmatched base numbers can be further grouped into 12 sets of 10 and the 90 Double base numbers into 9 sets of 10 while still retaining the property of the main group of equal representation of the digits.

Obviously it is not the magic elixir for wealth creation but rather an interesting control mechanism; it should have some appeal to those who do testing and for producing a comparison table for chances of success in Pick 3 and the payouts as shown below which can guide you in your betting.There are some interesting bets there that I will try in due course at 5 Dimes.

Looking at this table who amongst you - 

• thought of pick 3 as being the equivalent to tossing a coin depending on the numbers you play?
  • gave serious consideration to hedging in your bets?
  • realized that if you bet all the 90 Base Doubles at 25c per play and an Unmatched came up you lost $22.50 whereas if you covered the Unmatched at an extra $30 you only lost $15.00!
  • realized that you could spend $55 and only stand to lose $17.50 guaranteed and possibly be ahead by as much as $170!

In my opinion playing Pick 3 is a recreational pursuit not a means of making money and it is better to get the pleasure of lots of wins and make or lose a small amount of money rather than getting just a few wins and making or losing a large amount of money. To achieve this it is sometimes necessary to make sure we have an adequate stake to enable us to make these better bets.

I think as well this table gives the big finger up to digit analysis. Let's face it all you can do is go with the flow when you detect something occurring consistently for a while or look for what is absent beyond the limits from where you take notice. It should be obvious to you that the more logical starting point is from the 3 digit numbers as a whole rather than the individual digits.

An interesting thought for you. Playing all the numbers you can still come out ahead at the end of the year by taking a macro approach. All you need is an extra few triples and doubles. Why not look at the history and see whether previous years have been down on triples and doubles? At least one of the triples can occur as low as once a year or as many as six in any given State game! 

Regards
Colin 

ps To state the obvious if you are playing less than 100% of the numbers and do not get a win in the numbers played then you lose the amount wagered. 

Lotto Draws have no relationship to one another; the integers serve just as identifiers. Any prediction calculation on one history of draws for a same type game is just as irrelevant as another.
IP IP Logged
Colin F
To dream the impossible dream ...

Online Status: Offline
Quote Colin F Replybullet Posted: July 20 2006 at 8:59pm

For those who insist on throwing their money away by playing Pick 3 at State payouts here is the relevant table. Ask yourself this question - you are playing a slot or poker machine with 50c which is regularly paying and alongside you is someone playing an identical machine at 25c per play. For 170 plays you both get identical wins but the 25c machine pays out $75 for the $42.50 spent while yours pays out $80.00 for $85.00 spent. The other person is in front by $32.50 while you are behind by $5.00. Can you honestly say that given the option you would continue to play the 50c machine? I suggest you do yourself a favor and for Pick 3 play online.

Compare the reds between the tables and you should need no further persuasion to play Pick 3 online.

Regards
Colin  

Lotto Draws have no relationship to one another; the integers serve just as identifiers. Any prediction calculation on one history of draws for a same type game is just as irrelevant as another.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version